Wednesday, February 13, 2013

An Acne Protocol That Works! (Just ask my 13 year old)


Hello and welcome!! Thank you for checking out my blog! I am so grateful to be able to share with you solutions to the everyday challenges that face mothers and the "tools" I use for keeping my family healthy and happy.  

When each of our children was born, my husband and I would share the night shift.  I would nurse the baby and since my husband could not perform that particular task, he took diaper duty. (I know, I have an amazing husband!)  Because these breaks in our regular sleep pattern often made us a bit punchy, we would play a game where we would picture the new baby in its teen years.  Being proud of our progeny, we, of course, pictured each of them in their future lives as being as physically beautiful as we saw them at that moment.  This was always fun until one of us would remind the other that if they were as handsome or beautiful in their teen years as they were at that moment, we would have a problem on our hands--dating! Whoa-too much reality presented! That reality would have one of us making a wish. This wish was innocent and always couched in the joke of the "horror" we felt upon the realization that the innocent babe in front of us would one day be awash in hormones and in the desire for the attentions of the opposite sex.  The wish we so innocently asked for was that each of our children would have glasses, braces, and/or a small flush of acne during their teen years, not for long, just long enough for one or all three of these common teenage afflictions to push back the dating years to a time when it seemed more palatable to us as parents. 

 Well, all I can say is: Be careful what you wish for.  Our two oldest children are in their teen years and both have had our innocent, joking wish come true for them. Both of our oldest children have had braces, glasses and acne.  The braces and the glasses are temporary- braces are only on for two years, in most cases, and contacts solve the glasses problem. Acne, on the other hand, has been a persistent companion to both of our teens, that is, until we discovered the personal care products offered by Young Living. Here's what my 13 year old has to say about her experience with clearing up her acne:      

I was skeptical. I'll admit it. I had horrible acne, and I was afraid to make it worse if I abandoned the slew of creams and chemicals I was using. A simple, chemical-free, all natural approach scared me. But at this point, I was desperate. I agreed to test the protocol for a month, but I really expected no results.  Literally a week after starting to use the protocol, I was stunned. My face was ten times better than before! I stuck to it religiously, and a month later, I had near-perfect skin, with the occasional minor breakout here and there. I would recommend this to anyone, even those with sensitive skin, (although if this is the case, I would not use a heavy hand with the Melrose.)

MY ACNE PROTOCOL

AM: Wash face with YL Orange Blossom Facial Wash, mix with Sandalwood moisturizer if you have problems with dryness. Spot apply Melrose. Mix 2-5 drops of  Beauty Serum for Acne with Sandalwood Moisturizer.

Supplements AM: 2 Hers, 2 Comfortone, 2-5 Detoxzymes, Essentialzymes-4, Balance Complete AM.

Supplements Noon: Essentialzymes-4, Balance Complete Noon.

PM: Wash face with YL Orange Blossom Facial Wash, mix with Sandalwood moisturizer if you have problems with dryness. Spot apply Melrose. Mix 2-5 drops of Beauty Serum for Acne with Sandalwood Moisturizer.

Supplements PM: 2 Hers, 2 Comfortone, 2-5 Detoxzymes, Essentialzymes-4, Balance Complete PM

2-5 times/week: Exfoliate with Satin Mint Facial Scrub, ART Creme Masque

3-4 times/week: ART Beauty Masque.

*Replace all shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, body lotions and soaps with YL products. I use the Lavender Mint Shampoo, Copiaba Vanilla Conditioner, and Lavender Hand and Body Lotion.*

*Mothering solutions note: This switch is important because there are a rare, very few personal care products on the market that do not contain compounds that are known endocrine disruptors.  These are compounds that can disrupt or imbalance the hormones that can contribute to an acne problem, as well as other more serious problems.  I will be addressing this topic in more detail in a separate blog post. :) 

So, now you have heard it from the mouth of our younger teenager and you may be wondering about our oldest teenager's results.  The funny thing is that our oldest teen developed most of the above protocol by accident!  She was suffering from an unrelated skin problem and after doing a bit of research, she learned that many skin problems, including acne, are result of digestive issues.  So, she decided to start taking the items above that related to digestive health.  After about a month of using the supplements, she noticed that along with the other skin condition, the acne on her face had almost cleared completely.  Our younger teen decided to try the specific oils and facial care products in addition to the supplements her older sibling discovered to be so effective.  Now we have an acne protocol that is better than any we could have wished for and I am so grateful to be able to share it with all of you! 

Enjoy :) 

Do you wish to have a simple mothering solution offered to you? Leave a comment and let me know what you need :)

No comments:

Post a Comment