Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When the Stomach Flu Abounds, Mothering Solutions Knows How to Rebound!


Hello and welcome!! Thank you for checking out my blog! I am so grateful to be able to share with you solutions to the everyday challenges that face mothers and the "tools" I use for keeping my family healthy and happy.  




Well, as careful as I am and I encourage my family to be, it has happened--the stomach flu that has been passed from school children to executives has found its way into our family circle. 

Three nights ago, my husband complained to our teenage daughter that his stomach was feeling "gurgly".  As a mother of three, I have learned that anytime someone complains of their stomach feeling  "gurgly", "burpy" or "crampy",  it is time to take notice!
 
The stomach flu often has a sneaky onset.  It usually doesn't appear as a full-on storm, but as a slow progression of non-exact digestive symptoms. It is at this point that it is time to take action! Unfortunately, my husband, did not make his symptoms know to me that night before bed. Let it suffice to say, that he stayed home from work the next day. 

You may be wondering what kind of action you can take against a stomach bug. You, like me a few years ago, may think the stomach flu is one of those unavoidable realities of life and that you and your family are lucky to miss it when it shows up in your child's school or at your work. Well, I am here to tell you, you can do something to dodge the stomach flu or significantly lessen its effects on you and your family! 

After my husband was laid up for the day, I started to feel that "not right" feeling in my stomach. At the first moment of feeling "not quite right", I went to the medicine cabinet and filled an empty capsule with 7 drops Young Living's Digize blend and swallowed it. In about a half an hour, I started to feel better. "Whew," I thought "dodged that bullet!"  I felt good for about another two hours and then I felt the "yucky" feeling again. Back to the medicine cabinet I went and filled another capsule with 7 more drops of Digize, swallowed the capsule and went back to what I had been doing. This time I felt good all the way until I went to bed! Now, I have learned that with any relief I feel from taking, applying or inhaling essential oils, it is necessary to keep using the oil that is working a couple "doses" past the time I feel the symptoms are relieved. So, before bed, back to the medicine cabinet, yet again,  I went and filled another capsule with 7 drops of Digize, swallowed it and went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up feeling great!! No sign of any "gurgly, burby, or yucky" feeling from the stomach--success!! Once again I have rebounded from the stomach flu!! I am so grateful that there is a product out there that can stand up to the stomach flu! I am also so grateful to the friend that told me about these wonderful oils! (Thanks, again, Mary Beth!) Now,  I am delighted to be able to share them with you! 

Enjoy!

Would you like a simple mothering solution offered to you? Leave a comment and let me know what you need :)

No comments:

Post a Comment